Great game! I really enjoyed it! :D
Me And The Robot
"Emergency Commander on an interstellar flight is the best job in the world," they said. "You'll never get called into action. You'll just sleep for 12 years.“
Sounds great? Sure. Until there is an emergency. And then there is just you … and the robot.
A sci-fi point & click adventure game made for AdventureJam 2020. Includes spaceflight, a robot, and bugs. Lots of them.
The game can be played in English or German, both with voiceover.
- Left click or tap to interact (or just walk)
- Right click or long tap to inspect
- Double left click on a door to leave the current room instantly
- Scroll mouse wheel to select another item from your inventory
- Move cursor to bottom of the screen to show full inventory
- Press ESC key to open the main menu (Save, Load, New Game, Credits, Quit)
Me And The Robot was created within a fortnight by "The Argonauts" in 2020 for the "AdvJam2020" jam on GameJolt at https://jams.gamejolt.io/AdvJam2020
Development Team (The Argonauts)
Version 2, released after the Jam voting phase, has full voiceover in English and German, thanks to our wonderful voice actresses and actors:
- Sumara Meers (www.sumarameers.com) (English)
- Paul Thomas (www.paul-thomas.net) (English)
- Nadine Langhorst (www.linktr.ee/daddeldeern) (German/Deutsch)
- Markus "mudge" Mager (German/Deutsch)
"Crossing Horizon" by SoundFlakes - www.freesound.org (CC BY 3.0)
- Initial ReleaseJun 10, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Nice game! Love it!
An interesting game. We had a lot of fun playing it. Loved the retro vibes.
Very well drawn game, also the voices, sounds and music are great, nostalgic gameplay with up-to-date style and technology, Overall, a very nice point&click game!
Heyyo! I made a walkthrough for people who got stucked! ^^
Good job Argonauts!! I LOVE the storyline!
She IS crazy isn't she?
Thank you for the video and the nice comment.
We leave the interpretation of the story to our players... ;-)
Moral of the story: BUGS can be everywhere.
Even on... Argh! they're on my screen! Go away! Go away! AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!
(Well done Argonauts... well done...)
Thank you for your kind review - and for the video of course.
It was interesting to see someone playing most of the game without using the right mouse button to inspect. Looking at things would have made some things clearer and probably easier to understand.
But you did get the story and we're glad you liked it.
Great game, both the concept and the execution. Very atmospheric, thanks to the music which fits perfectly.
I liked the ambiguity in the end BTW :)